This may be a silly question.  When you modified the ar.cfg file did you
restart the BMC services immediately after or did you login to the Admin
Console first?  Are you using server groups?

Brian

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Fawver, Dustin
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2017 6:48 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 9.1.02 Dev to Prod Clone

**

Greetings!

So I'm pushing to try to meet a deadline to get ARS 9.1.02 live in our
production environment.  I have a development environment set up the way I'd
like it, at least for launch.  I wanted to avoid having to figure out again how
to properly configure AREA LDAP, SSL, redirections and such.  Hoping to shave
some time on things, here's what I did, thinking it would work.

- Had my sysadmin clone the dev VM and database.  Database was backed up from
the dev SQL server and restored onto the prod SQL server.  Due to naming
conventions in place here, the names of the databases are different.

- The new prod VM was renamed accordingly and placed onto the domain.

- Edited the ar.cfg file on the prod VM to make it point to the production SQL
server with the correct DB name, DB username and password in plain text.

- When logging into the prod VM and going into the AR System Administration:
Console, I look at the Database tab and it has values for the development
server.  I had SQL Server Management Studio export the data into SQL files.  I
searched for the name of the dev server in the SQL files and updated the values
accordingly on the production DB server.  This took me a little while to do.

- I started the ARS service back up and it still points to the dev database.  I
can log into both system separately, but any changes that I make to the config
on one is reflected on the other.

- I attempted an "upgrade" to ARS 9.1.02.  It was successful.  The installation
program even had the values for the production database server as its defaults.
 Unfortunately it still seems to want to access the development database server.

Do any of you think that this is salvageable and that I'm just overlooking
something?  Some of the things that I was able to get running on the
development server have been set for so long that it may take me a little bit
to get things back to running.

Thanks!
Dustin Fawver
Sr. Help Desk Technician
Information Technology Services

P: 423-439-4648
faw...@etsu.edu<mailto:faw...@etsu.edu>

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally
privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action in reliance upon the contents of
the information transmitted is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please delete it immediately.