Thanks for the info.  I pushed to put load balancers when we upgraded to 9.1,
but the customer didn't want to spend the money.  I'll mess around with the
aliases in the ar.cfg file.

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> on
behalf of Grooms, Frederick W <frederick.w.gro...@xo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:42:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Server Alias Production and COOP

**
The way we handle it here is to never use the real server names, always use an
alias for both the web server and the AR Server.

In the AR System you can add the IP-Name entries to the ar.conf (ar.cfg for
Windows) so the AR System will recognize both names as the same server
i.e.
Server-Name: name1
IP-Name: name1.fqdn.com
IP-Name: alias1
IP-Name: alias1.fqdn.com

We typically also add the alias to the hosts file so from inside the server it
will resolve the alias to itself always