Is the button really being set to Submit Ticket on Modify All because the
$OPERATION$ is inaccurately resolving to CREATE or just because that is the
default text of the button?

Did you try using "SET ALL" for the $OPERATION$ comparison?

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ars91/keywords-609072326.html#Keywords-Keywords

Jason