From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Thomas Miskiewicz
Sent: 07 November 2017 22:04
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor

**
Hello there,

yet another upgrade from 7.6.x to 9.1.3:

(Nov 07 2017 10:56:32.632 PM
+0100),WARNING,com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerDatabaseInformationValidationTask,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[validateExistsAndCredentialsValid() -> Failed to
check database connectionSQLMesage=Listener refused the connection with the
following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor
SQLErrorCode=12514],Detail=[java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Listener refused
the connection with the following error:
ORA-12514, TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect
descriptor
]}
(Nov 07 2017 10:57:05.181 PM +0100),CONFIG,Command return code,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[0]}
(Nov 07 2017 10:57:05.185 PM +0100),INFO,setup,
  PROGRESS EVENT {Description=[Unpacked payload entry],Progress=[100],Detail=[1
of 1]}
(Nov 07 2017 10:57:05.192 PM +0100),INFO,setup,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[Extracted payload entry count],Detail=[1]}

Why can’t this dumbo installer even mention what connect descriptor it’s trying
to use?

Is there any debug mode? Any ideas why it cannot connect?

The connect string I’m using is definitely working when I try sqlplus
aradmin@ARSENTW

But unless we find out what this installer is trying to we can just speculate
about the root cause…

Thomas
BMC Software Limited Registered Office: Building E2, Eskdale Road, Winnersh,
Wokingham, Berkshire, United Kingdom, RG41 5TS Registered in England No.
1927903 The content of this email is confidential. If you are not the
addressee, you may not distribute, copy or disclose any part of it. If you
receive this message in error, please delete this from your system and notify
the sender immediately.