A little different than what has been discussed using Remedy workflow, you
could also use something that looks at the URL and prevents access or
rewrites the URL. mod_rewrite
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html> for Apache
comes to mind. Looks like there is URL Reewrite
<https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite> for IIS (never used
it). The downside to this is your criteria to allow/deny has to be
something available to the web server (e.g. IP address, domain group
membership) and not necessarily Remedy data.

Suppose you could also come up with some javascript functions that are
called from the view's web header/footer.

The actor view concept is interesting. I never noticed that feature
(although I have seen "actor" all over in Mid Tier logs). I think the docs
probably could describe the concept a little better because I am not fully
understanding what is happening there (or I just need more coffee).

Jason