Thanks for the info LJ!

Mike

From: ARSList [mailto:arslist-boun...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of LJ LongWing
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 14:45
To: ARSList
Subject: Re: 9.1.x Notify Action Delivery Mechanism

Mark,
Yes....various versions of Remedy have had permissions issues over the years
and each successive version of Remedy tries to plug holes that the previous
version had...so, in your situation, sending to an email address instead of a
user, you must make sure that the permission 'trail' is clear....here is the
trail you must make sure is available to the 'Public' group

Application - If the form in question is part of an application, you must make
sure that the public has access to it
Form - The form must have public permission
Record - Each record has row level restrictions, so you must allow all users
access to the row in question
Field - To access the data, the user must obviously have access to it

I saw the post from Todd regarding ignoring form permissions....but I'm not
sure I personally like that option....simply stated, if you are sending
information out of a Remedy system to an 'unknown' user, then that unknown user
should have access to all of that data to be able to get at it....if you don't
have Public permission at the Application/Form/Record/Field levels, then the
unknown user doesn't have access to the data, and shouldn't be able to get
access to it through email....

I know that's a tough stance, but that's the stance that Remedy must make to
ensure that truly sensitive information isn't accidentally leaked.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Mike Galat