Dustin,
If you are trying to do that in a Run-If or qualification, you can't use
'functions' in those areas...you can only use them in set/push
actions....generating a report for everything in January would be something
like

'Requisition Date' >= "1/1/2018" AND 'Requisition Date' < "2/1/2018"

The reason 'LIKE' doesn't work is because the date is stored as either the
number of seconds since Jan 1 1970 or the number of days since 'way back'
(don't remember the actual date)....but you can only do like statements on
strings, which it's not...so it needs to be mathematical in nature.