We’ve a non-unicode AR Server. Remedy Login Ids are in English only both on AD
and AR Server.
Where the Active Directory had First or Last Name with Unicode character such
as Vytautas Morkūnas, the corresponding name will be held in ITSM CTM:People
form as Vytautas Morknas (ARS can’t store the Unicode character ū as it is
currently installed as non-unicode). When this user logs in with correct AD
password,  he/she gets Authentication failed.

In AREA Configuration, User Search Filter = sAMAccountName=$\USER$. In the AREA
Plugin Log, we see that bind is successful for login id = abc1234 and AD
returns the following : CN=Morkūnas\, Vytautas
Even though bind is successful, AR still throws authentication failed error. Is
it because AREA Plugin or ARS is unable to read the Unicode character in CN
?CN=Morkūnas\, Vytautas (abc1234). Please suggest how to get authenticated

Environment: ARS & ITSM 8.1.02
Non-Unicode Setup.

Radhika Narayanan
ARSList mailing list