Hi Radhika,

Thanks for the question, the Alderstone CMT does indeed migrate from
non-unicode SQL Server to unicode SQL Server, with no issues. I agree with
other arslist posts, don't let the DB Migration convert to Unicode, there
are generally issues and you are of course right, 400Gb through the Java
API would be very slow.

I would suggest you use our Customer Move Tool (more info
http://www.alderstone.com/cmt) for the migration from previous ITSM
versions to the latest, regardless of database version or non-unicode. We
can migrate all modules and data, or a reduced set (including extracting
single companies and migrating just their data), depending on your
requirements. In general, we've been able to move all data within one day
and the upgrade process becomes very smooth indeed. Please let me know if
you would like to talk about this in more detail or I can set up a Demo of
our migration tool to show you the flexibility and power of the application.

In the mean time, if you have specific questions around upgrades, please
let me know.

regards

Sean

*Sean Harries*
Alderstone Consulting Ltd

Revolutionise your management of BMC Remedy ITSM Services with CMT
<http://alderstone.com/cmt/>

Mobile: +44 (0)7976 558048
Skype: seanharries
MSN: seanharr...@alderstone.com <sean.harr...@alderstone.com>