Thomas,

Several things to put into the mix.

1)      The User Log is on a per server basis.  So, if you have 3 servers, you
need 3 user logs for the same time period to track logins and logouts during
that time

2)      Remember that the user log is tracking only logins and logouts that
occur during that timeframe.  So, if you have users who were already on the
system and who remained on the system during the interval, they would not show
up in the user log although they are active.

3)      There is a screen named Manage Licenses that shows the current active
users on the system.  You can look at registered users or active users and you
can look at them by license type.  It is important to understand that when
using this screen to look at current users, it shows the current users for ONE
server – the one that you happen to be talking to.  So, the list of current
users doesn’t reflect the entire load on the system.  You would have to make
sure you are connected to each of the three servers and get lists from each and
merge them.

NOTE: To make this screen work better, we have produced a new version of the
screen for releases 9.1 sp4 and later.  There is a new Server Group
Administration Console that is available in Communities.  It has a Manage
Licenses screen in it that interacts with all the servers in the server group,
gathers the user list from all of them, merges the list, and shows you a
single, complete list of current users across your entire server group.  And,
there is a column that tells you which server(s) the user is currently
interacting with.  So, using this new screen (and you can tell it is the new
one because there is a servers column in the table when looking at current
users), you get a complete list of all current users across the entire
environment.

4)      The License Audit feature will give you a count of registered users for
Fixed licenses (that should match what is in all versions of the Manage
Licenses screen).  It is a count of the current active floating users across
servers – we have a coordination of these licenses to make sure a user is
counted only one time even if they are touching different servers in the server
group.

So, you can see where depending on what sources you are looking at – single
server information or across server information – you can see differences in
counts.  If you get information from cross-server sources (or merge the data
across servers in the group), you should find that the numbers match what is
reported by the license audit.

Doug Mueller