________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike James
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 5:57 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Compatibility Matrix with Oracle 32-bit Client under a Linux
64-bit OS

**

Good Morning All,

Has anyone tried to install ARS (7.01) in a 64-bit Red Hat AS4
environment with Oracle Client 10gR2?
It seems that there maybe support problems with Oracle 32-bit Client
under a 64-bit OS.  The case maybe that Oracle does not offer support
for a 32bit Client for a 64bit Linux OS.  Although this is listed in the
compatibility matrix, can anyone confirm this?

BMC requires a configuration which is not supported by the DB vendor.
1. a supported ARS environment with
RHEL4 64-Bit
32-Bit Oracle Client
ARS 7.0.1
which may not be supported from Oracle side.

2. a supported oracle environment
RHEL4 64-Bit
64-Bit Oracle Client
ARS 7.0.1
which may not be supported from BMC side

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Best Regards
Mike

it___