Hello all,

I'm having a problem with a brand new ARS 7.0.1 p2 installation.

Win2003 R2, Ora9i with 10G client.

When installing ARS 7.0.1p2, I'm receiving the error:
22:26:16 ****->[ERROR]: Couldn't create the "Demo" user.
22:26:24 ****->[ERROR]: Failed to create a valid Admin user. This
installation cannot complete importing of forms or data. A valid Admin
user will need to be created and forms and data manually imported.

This error occurred after the installation of the AR System was
completed.
To correct this error, import the sample applications from the samples
subdirectory.
22:46:29 Done importing forms.
22:46:29 ****->[ERROR]: Failed to complete AR Server installation.

I know that I can correct this by following the instructions listed,
but I am creating documention for an installation process;  what I
really need is an error free installation.

I can connect to the db via SQLPlus as ARAdmin, and by using OEM I can
view the contents of the arschema table (User and Group are notably
missing).

Any clues where I should begin looking?

tia,

Rick