Oracle 9, solaris and approx 5 minutes start time. ITSM7(cmdb, asset,
change and slm)

There is approx 180k records in field_dispprop.

--
Jarl

On 6/20/07, Tony Worthington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Am I missing something here??

No... but maybe I am?

I guess it could be an Oracle thing.  I suppose all the long startups I've
heard of are on Oracle.

Anyone on Oracle have fast (<5min) startup times with ITSM7?

-tony

--
Tony Worthington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

strauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
06/20/2007 02:04 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Error 1053: The service did not respond..

This must be some sort of an "oracle thing", right?  My ARS 7.x Servers
with ITSM 7 -asset/SLM/RKM/EIE using an instance of SQL Server 2005 on a
separate machine have about a 1 minute service startup time.  The
servers are on the same subnet and connect to the same gigabit switch,
but I don't see where that would make the difference between 15 minutes,
or 8, and one!  Am I missing something here??

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/