On your last point, I discovered several months back that sometimes the
menu that was selected under a selection field in ITSM 7 was actually
the wrong menu, which filtered incorrectly for the function it was
performing.  The best example is that the Company menu on the People
Search uses an unrestricted menu when it should have used a menu that
either only includes operational and customer companies, or excludes
manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors.  Once you import the DSL data it
becomes almost unusable because of all the Manufacturer companies. Here
is some of the findings from my ticket last January:

"What I was trying to do was eliminate the manufacturers that appear
after importing the DSL from the People Search company menu. There is no
reason for them to appear here, and it may have been a programming
oversight on systems that did not have the DSL installed. The
CTM:SearchPeople form currently has menu COM:CPY:CompanyAll-NoGlobal-Q
attached to the Company+ field. A _much_ better choice would be the
existing COM:CPY:Company=Oper/Cust-Q menu, and I have switched my
development system to use that one instead."

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/helpdesk/

  _____