Hi Folks,

I'm seeing what seems like strange behavior when using commit changes to
save a parent record after a child dialog closes....Here is the
scenario.....

1. I have an Active Link that opens a dialog window when a user selects a
record on the parent form and a particular field is null
2. The user selects a value on the dialog and then clicks a button to
indicate the selection
3. I then have an Active Link that has the following actions:
    - Commit Changes to write the value back to the parent form
    - Send Event to parent indicating the value has been selected and sent
back
    - Close Window

4. I then have an Active Link on the parent window that executes on the
event sent above and performs a commit changes action to write the record
back to the DB with the new field value.

When I log this, it looks like things are working correctly, however the
parent record is never written (nothing in SQL log either) and the save
button is lit. The value is returned to the parent window, but the DB write
isn't done. It is almost like the second commit changes is running in the
context of the dialog window (which is now closed) instead of the parent
window, but the log clearly shows it running on the parent after the event
is received.

Any Ideas...?

Windows Server environment
ARS 6.3 patch 20