        -----Original Message-----
        From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Prasan Katti
        Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 2:51 PM
        To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
        Subject: Authentication problem in Remedy LDAP for passwords
with special characters.

        **
        Hello Listers,

        We have recently started using the AREA LDAP plugin to
authenticate our remedy users with the LDAP server.
        We are cross referencing blank passwords and are having problems
authenticating users whose password contain special characters (#,@,&
etc).
        We are able to authenticate these users against the LDAP server
using a different client (like LDAP Browser), so the problem could be
with the Remedy plugin.
        The LDAP server is basically the Novell eDirectory used within
the organization.
        If anybody here has faced similar problems before or if I am
missing something obvious (server settings?), please let me know.'

        The server environment is ARS 6.3 patch 21, Tomcat 2.0.51
running on Oracle 9i database.

        Thanks in advance,
        Prasan.
        __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with