Hello,

I started to write a JDBC driver for ARS and concluded that, to do a good job,
it would take an awful lot of effort. It certainly wasn't a two day job given
the size of the JDBC spec. I therefore came up with an alternative solution
that involves our XML Gateway product and ARS queries directly to the
database via a standard JDBC driver (one suitable for the database behind
ARS).

The result is you can hit the gateway with SQL queries referring to ARS forms
and fields, and you'll get an XML response that never went through the AR
API. Hence, it's much, much, faster than you'll ever see running through the
AR API.

John