The code below shows how to create an user using the 7.1 API, but it
should not be too hard porting it back to the 7.0 API.

Calman

import com.bmc.arsys.api.ARServerUser;
import com.bmc.arsys.api.Constants;
import com.bmc.arsys.api.DataType;
import com.bmc.arsys.api.Entry;
import com.bmc.arsys.api.Value;

public class UserExample {

        ARServerUser context = new ARServerUser("Demo", "", "",
"localhost");
        context.login();

        Entry userEntry = new Entry();
        // set the login name
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_USER_NAME, new
Value("sampleuser"));
        // set the full name
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_CORE_SHORT_DESCRIPTION, new
Value("Sample User"));
        // set the group list (make the user an administrator)
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_GROUP_LIST, new Value("1;"));
        // set the license type
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_LICENSE_TYPE, new
Value(Constants.AR_LICENSE_TAG_WRITE, DataType.ENUM));
        // set the full text
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_LIC_FULL_TEXT, new Value(0,
DataType.ENUM));
        // set the submitter
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_CORE_SUBMITTER, new Value("2"));
        // set the status
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_CORE_STATUS, new Value(0,
DataType.ENUM));
        // set the password
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_PASSWORD, new
Value("password"));
        // set the email
        userEntry.put(Constants.AR_RESERV_EMAIL, new
Value("[EMAIL PROTECTED]"));

        context.createEntry("User", userEntry);

        context.logout();

    }