To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: Integration Right Answers with Solutions Database

Axton,

Thanks for your reply. My actual requirements are limited. I need to provide a link to search Right Answers for a solution that matches the existing incident record, and provide a link on the Right Answers solution page to create a service request, if the provided solutions don't help. I know how to satisfy these requirements, but they are giving me heartburn in terms of how this particular solution integrates with the Solution Database within Problem Management. In other words, my requirements sound insufficient to me.

It seems to me that we have to populate either the Solution Database OR Right Answers with a subset of knowledge entries for a complete integration. Asking the analyst to populate two forms to enter a knowledge item is wrong at face value. What I'm wondering is this: what is the "best practice" for utilizing the two databases? I'm also wondering how ONLY using the Right Answers solutions impacts the Problem Management. Relying solely only on Right Answers sounds problematic to me. For instance, how would the analyst discover known errors? Again, I think integration is required. I just can't seem to get my head around the best architecture to allow each application to perform as expected and limit the number of customizations to ITSM.

HTH,

Bill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Axton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>