This should be of interest to anyone deploying 7.1. The massive security
patch for OS X 10.4 that just came out this week, with 41 overdue
patches and updates to bring the OS up to 10.4.11, includes Safari
3.0.4!!!  This version of Safari appears to work fine (and FAST) with
mid-tier 7.1 - I got a new Incident submitted from the Incident
Management Console within 45 seconds of logging in (yes, I used a
Template for part of it).  Yes, the mid-tier had prefetched ITSM 7 forms
into a persistent cache.  The only drawback we see to Safari is that
unlike FireFox (and IE on Windows), Safari can only set pop-up blocking
OFF, or ON.  There is no provision to define and store exceptions to
pop-up blocking.  It still has issues with returning to the Home Page
from the Incident Console (the Close button still does not work
properly), and with logging out from anywhere in the application (think
Floating License left in use), so FireFox 2.0 is still the optimum
browser for Mac users.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/