-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 2:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Adding custom permissions groups in 7.1

Chris,

I do not think that any of the OOB features are designed to make
"custom applications easier to <blank>". ( by design)

Those sound like competing interests to me.  If you by one OOB
application to make it easier to build other (custom) applications,
then will you buy the second OOB application from the vendor? Why not
build the application yourself using the assets/tools that you have
already paid for?

Selling applications in ARS is always based on a build vs buy
discussion, and based on the sunk costs for the ARS platform, smaller
customers have no real choice but to build the applications (sometimes
all of them) for themselves.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)