At least once, I replied to a ARSLIST job posting and
ended up sending it to the entire list.

My problem was that I thought it had been sent to me
directly, and didn't check "to" address in the reply.
It was embarrassing, but luckily for me, I was writing
that I wasn't interested, so you guys didn't catch me
touting my virtues. :)

Happens sometimes. Especially if you receive other
emails in the same a/c. I wouldn't judge anybody on
it. Unless somebody has managed to create a pattern.

Even then, I'm not sure that absentmindedness is
necessarily  an indicator of lack of ability. I
wouldn't want an absentminded doctor, but a developer?
You can crash and kill the beast as many times as you
want. Hopefully before production. :) Even if
something gets to production, so what? Even Microsoft
with all its money and talent, Microsoft says in its
EULA that they can't guarantee they haven't been
absentminded somewhere in their code.

I wish email accounts allowed writing simple rules or
a script such as if the email is going to "ARSLIST",
throw a promptBut it's a nerdy thing to ask of gmail
or hotmail, so it's probably not going to happen.

As a side note, see the emphasis on "permanent" job,
at the expense of contract jobs.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.