Greetings,

In an ARS 7.0.1 / RHEL4 64bit / Oracle 10g environment, I created a view
form to look at a view of another schema in the same database as Remedy.
That schema was moved to another Oracle database so now a DB link must be
employed.  This is fine except that I need to update the view form in ARS so
that it knows to look in the new location.

How can I update the view form definition to look at a different database
location?

Specifically, I want to change
Form Properties > View Information > Table Name value from MYSCHEMA.MYVIEWto
[EMAIL PROTECTED],
Field Properties > Database tab > View Information > Table value,
or use some other means to update the view form to use a new table name
value.

I tried a workaround by creating a synonym, which works fine in SQLPlus for
running queries as aradmin like "select * from MYSCHEMA.MYVIEW where
id='foo'" but each time I open the view form in Remedy Administrator, the
error "Requested database table not found. Please check the spelling (table
name is case-sensitive) (ARERR 481)" is reported and I am not able to get AR
to use the synonym, even to create new view form, like I am with SQLPlus.
I've found old bugs relating to synonyms, but I am not tied to using this
approach to solve the problem anyway.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Jill Anderson