Thanks all for the responses.

I talked to our DBA who dropped the synonym MYSCHEMA.MYVIEW (named so
because it used to be a view) and recreated it as a view of the MYSCHEMA DB
over the link and the error in Administrator has ceased.

For both aradmin and non-aradmin (a.k.a. MYSCHEMA) synonyms, Administrator
would not load the table, even to create a new view form.  It would load
table only for the full [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I did find a bug fix reported
for version 6.3 related to using a synonym, so perhaps this related.

Of course, I wouldn't be considering any of this at all if ARS would just
support Oracle 11 so the Remedy DB could have been upgraded along with the
rest of our application databases. :-D

Thanks again for the advice.

Jill Anderson