________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Sanders
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2008 2:49 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Poor server performance

Hi Chris

Hmmm - that's strange.  I didn't know you could have a table field
column in one view and not another.  I thought all table field columns
were included in every view that the table field is in. The only thing
you could do was to hide or unhide it in different views or change the
column order.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I have seen cases where table fields have 'ghost' columns left that do
not point to any field on the current form or source form.  The columns
are there in the table, but if you look at the table properties they are
not there.  The only way I have been able to correct this issue is to
manually edit the def file and import with the option to delete excess
fields from destination server set.

If you are sure that your dev server contains an accurate current def, I
would export that to a def file and import to production with the delete
excess fields option set... outside normal hours of course.  The good
news is that table fields are display only fields on your form so should
not require a table rebuild in the database.

HTH

David Sanders

Remedy Solution Architect

Enterprise Service Suite @ Work