You are correct in that the results only show you the number of records
(and form names) migrated, not the criteria used to select the records.

There are 2 ways to specify the data (Note: This is using Migrator
Version 7.0.00  - Patch 003 against Remedy 6.3.00 Patch 20 servers)

If I Right click on a form (on the source server) and choose "Form Data
Only" It will bring up a window where you pick your target server and
then pick the target form.  The next window that opens will give you a
place to select All Records or Search Selection.  With Search Selection
you put in your Advanced Query.

If you double click on the Source form and choose data you can put in
your advanced query there.  You then select the records to migrate and
right click on one of them to do the migration.

Personally I prefer to do the 1st option (right click on the form and
choose Form Data Only)

Fred