I was thinking more along the lines of:

Purchase a server, probably quad-core with 2 - 4 gigs of ram if you are
not running ITSM and are not in a mega-large environment

Throw in a couple hundred gigs of HD space, maybe just 100gig, just
depends on your amount of work.

Microsoft windows server (if you choose MS), SQL Server (If that is your
best supported DB on your site, and you are running windows)

Java 6

You can install everything, the arserver, email, and mid-tier on this
server also. You should be able to handle a moderate amount of work
without issues (unless you are running itsm)

You should be good to go after that.

OH yeah, yeah need a remedy developer or two to develop your
applications, or probably hire a contractor to get ITSM up and running
if you are going with that, and then the contractor can train your
remedy developr or two to configure/administer ITSM.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP

Remedy Engineer

Leader Communications, Inc.

http://www.5pointleader.com

http://www.lcibest.com

Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM

An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company