No idea if this helps or not, but this is from the readme for AR 7.1. Might
be something to look at:

Depending on the web server you are using, you might see the following error
message when

you start the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.

2007-03-13 10:44:01,593 WARN [Thread-1] org.apache.axis.utils.JavaUtils

(JavaUtils.java:1285) - Unable to find required classes

(javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart).

Attachment support is disabled.

This error message occurs because two jar files that are required by Axis
for attachment

support are missing. These are not a part of the BMC Remedy Mid Tier
distribution. (Some web

servers include this in their distribution, and you do not see the error
message.) Without these,

any web service calls that use attachments might not work as intended.

To work around this issue:

1 Copy the activation.jar file to <mid tier installation
folder>/web-Inf-lib.

You can download the file from
http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/

jaf.html.

Version 1.0.2 is recommended.

2 Download the mailapi.jar file to <mid tier installation
folder>/web-Inf-lib.

You can download this from http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/.

Version 1.3 is recommended.

If you are consuming web services that use attachments, copy these files to
the AR System

server installation folder as well.

--- J.T. Shyman

  _____