Has anybody had issues with the Email Engine stop processing outgoing and
incoming mail while the service still running.  Restarting the email service
alone usually does not fix the issue.  There are no errors in the email logs
or email error form.

I have noticed that the aremaild.exe process usually takes a while to stop
so I have started doing a full service start/stop instead of a restart, and
sometimes I have to kill the process.

We usually we only have an issue if we have to restart the ARS service or if
the Exchange mailbox is unavailable for some reason (configured for MAPI).
A fresh OS restart and the email engine fires up fine.  What we have had to
do lately when email stops processing is:
•    Stop the service/kill the process
•    Delete the pending email messages that are waiting to be sent (export
them first)
•    Move the incoming emails that are waiting in Exchange from the inbox
•    Start the service and try sending a new message (repeat until it will
process the message(s))
•    Move the incoming email back to the Inbox (verify they are processed)
•    Import the previously deleted records

I have noticed this issue in the previous shop where I worked at too, on
various patches of 7.0 and 7.0.1 (all Windows 2003).  I have seen some
threads on the list where it looks like similar issues but no resolutions or
how many others have seen this behavior.

Thanks,
Jason

ARS/Email 7.0.1 P6
Windows 2003