Hello WIlliam;

Audit does trigger based upon the TR.field begin set, so you have to ensure
your workflow does not change the field unless absolutely necessary :( this
means using sets of display-only-temp-fields, and at the end compare the
values, if different, set the real field.

Just a pain in how the OOB Auditing works. As unfortunately, even if you did
a 'field' != 'DB.field' you cannot reset the change-bit for a field, only
the form :(

Been there - burned the T-shirt on this one...
HTH
Robert Molenda
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:21 AM, William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In IM 7.03 the application is set to audit a number of fields.  One of them
> is the "Individual Transfers" field which shows how many times a ticket has
> bounced around between people.  There's an SLM ST tied to this (or there
> will be eventually).
>
> This field is re-calculated every time the Incident is saved.  Quite
> frequently it's value is set to the same (original) value but I suspect the
> field's change flag is getting set.  Hence, even though this field didn't
> change in value it is showing up in the audit log as having been changed.
>  It's in the "Fields changed" list and the values are listed for it (record
> style audit).
>
> So - does audit go off of the change flag?  Or does it actually check for a
> value change?  The evidence woudl suggest it uses the change flag.
>
> Also, s anyone else dealing with this?  I'm open to creative options.  The
> value does pretty clearly have to be re-calculated every time.  I suppose I
> could put in workflow to re-set the change flag if it hasn't really changed
> but I'd prefer not to customize every time this comes up - there are a
> number of counters out there.
>
> William Rentfrow
> Principal Consultant, StrataCom
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> O 952-432-0227
> C 701-306-6157

If it were not for the gutter, my mind would be homeless!