In my experience, the default install of Tomcat performed during the
Mid-Tier installation has the default Tomcat port 8080 commented out.  The
Mid-Tier itself relies on Jakarta redirection.  If you want to enable the
default Tomcat port and pages you need to edit the server.xml file
(C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat-5.5.17\conf\server.xml)

Find the following section:

    <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
    <!---comment out port 8080
    <Connector
port="8080"               maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
URIEncoding="UTF-8"
               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
       end comment out port 8080 -->

And remove the comment-out by deleting the second and last lines above.

HTH

David Sanders
Remedy Solution Architect
Enterprise Service Suite @ Work