Wow.  This whole step by step procedure really has many issues:

1.  Why are they asking you to create copies and remove and replace the form on
the server when this sounds like a Mid Tier issue not a server issue since you
don't have the problem with the User client?  Wouldn't it have made sense to
troubleshoot your issue with the mid tier cache or tomcat (or with whatever is
hosting the web on your Mid Tier server)?

2.  Why would you be creating a separate iteration of the form and backing up
the original form and then in addition to renaming the separate iteration to
the name of the original form you would delete the original form and create the
form from scratch?  It seems like they are having you do too many things at
once.  Shouldn't they have you test one thing (seeing if it is an issue with
the formname itself) and then if that does work try creating a form with that
name from scratch to see if that resolves the issue?  Just not good advice to
troubleshoot this issue (despite the fact that even the notion of
troubleshooting a Mid Tier issue with rebuilding your form is crazy IMHO).

I would definitely escalate that issue to your BMC rep about this.

Thanks
Peter Lammey
ESPN MIT Technical Services & Applications Management
860-766-4761