If you are just querying the BGI_SDHP_Modify view, I don't think you can query for case IDs that don't exist in the source table. You would have to cross-reference the view with your export, since that is where the missing case IDs would exist.

However, if you simply set your 'Duplicate Request ID' handling preferences in the Import tool to "Reject Duplicate Records", you should be able to import the missing entries from the full export file. Any entries that already exist should not be affected.

--Thomas

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Cleereman (IT)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.crm.arsystem.general
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:05 AM
Subject: SQL to find missing records

Hi All,

I have a form containing sequential Case IDs as follows:
HD0000000000001
HD0000001000000

When I run an SQL count on this, it only returns a count of 999,997
results:
SELECT COUNT(CASE_ID) FROM BGI_SDHP_Modify

999997

I have an export with all 1,000,000 records, prior to 3 of them going
missing.  I'd like to find which 3 records are missing, so I can
reimport just those 3.

Does anyone have an SQL statement which would return the Case IDs of the
3 missing records?

ARServer is 6.3, Patch 21 on AIX 5.2.  The database is Oracle 9i as a
local database.

Eric Cleereman