Christopher,
Wow, you guys have done a lot of work on this. I can
imagine the efforts that went into analyzing and
documenting the details.

I quickly looked at a few things, and I can see you
have a lot of useful info. Thank you for the link.

The main issue I see (with BMC's documentation) is
that a lot of the information (but not all) is there
in bits and pieces all over the place. BMC never puts
it together in a place for you to understand the big
picture in full and to get an understanding of
implications of various choices.

I see that with great diagrams etc you have tried to
accomplish exactly that. I will be going back to your
site a lot. I am guessing that your advanced training
(PhD) may have pushed you towards ripping this beast
apart to understand it and fully utilize it, rather
than confining yourself and your implementation to the
limited understanding that BMC offers in its doc. :)

Thanks again. I will share with you anything useful I
may come across at my end.