-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Reiser, John J
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:40 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Integrating with another company's ARSystem

Hello Listers,

Current configuration
ARS 6.3 Patch 014
Midtier 6.3 Patch 021
MS SQL Server 2000

Upgrade path
ARS 7.1
Midtier 7
MS SQL Server 2000 maybe higher

I know this is a long shot but has anyone put together an integration
between two different ARSystem servers in two different companies?
I'm guessing the only real solution would be to use webservices. I don't
have anymore details other than " we must be able to transfer
information between systems.

Oh, did I mention that we can only spend labor dollars to accomplish
this?

I am just getting a taste of webservices inside one company and haven't
gotten too far.
Are there any issues with webservice publishing/consuming through the
security firewalls?

Sorry to be so general and I understand that the basic answer is
probably "yes". I need to get a rough order of magnitude for such a
requirement.

TIA,

John J. Reiser
Software Development Analyst
Remedy Administrator/Developer
Lockheed Martin - MS2
The star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
Pay close attention and be illuminated by its brilliance. - paraphrased
by me

_______