Take a look at http://www.orafaq.com/node/91#comment-2814

It looks like all the indexes in the instance will need to be
recreated as function based indexes that use the nlssort function.  It
does not look like you can use the ardb.conf file to achieve this.
The ardb.conf file entries append a clause to the end of ddl
statements for tables and/or indexes.  You need to actually modify the
contents of the ddl to create a function based index.  Remedy has no
native capabilities to achieve this.

What all this means is that each time you create or trigger the
recreation or alteration of an index, you will need to manually
drop/create the index.  I say manual, but it could be scripted (pl/sql
- shell/perl/etc) so that you check for and recreate the indexes using
some type of scheduler (e.g., cron).

Axton Grams