The last time I had a client crash like this I found that the problem was a
badly formed Run Process action being executed.  Is there any workflow
being executed by the parent form after the Close Window action is
executed?  Also, do you have any field mappings on close being performed in
the original Open Window action?  When the Dialog closes, do you still have
the original main form open in the background, or is the Dialog form the
only field open in the client at the time?  I am a little unclear about
that.

(Embedded image moved to file: pic02421.gif)Countrywide

James Van Sickle
Remedy Developer II
Enterprise Service Management

 972-696-5779 Office  1000 Coit Road
   92-540-5779        Mail Stop: PCRD-2-19
 Internal             Plano, TX 75075

             Mark Milke
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .COM>                                                      To
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             Request System                                             cc
             discussion
             list(ARSList)"                                        Subject
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         Re: [ARSLIST] Idea needed, events
             ORG>                      crashing User Tool

             07/10/2008 01:14
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RG

Hi James,

>       There could be a lot of causes.  Could you provide a bit more
> information about your environment and workflow?
>
> 1. What kind of error is given, if any, during the crash?

No error. Just crash.

> 2. What kind of workflow is executing when you close the form, both on
> sub-form and main form?

It's a simple Close Window action.

> 3. What version of Remedy and OS is this client running on?

I've tried on ARS 6.3 with ARS 6.3 client and ARS 7.1 with ARS 7.1
client. Both have the same problem.

Mark

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.