Make sure that the report server AND port are listed in the user's AR User
Preference form record.  We had a similar issue and this fixed it.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Rentfrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Subject: Crystal reports in client = broken

I can not get crystal reports to run in the client - this is quite
mysterious.

They used to work - this is AR 7.1 patch 001 with matching clients.  I
have re-installed the client now numerous times.

When I try to run a report in the application (IM 7.03) I get a whole
bunch of nothing - the screen flashes for a second and then nothing else
happens.  However, interestingly enough - my connection to the AR Server
is immediately broken.  I have to log in to the user tool again to get
it to work.

Any ideas?  I've checked all the standard config, etc (underscores and
what not) - and I'm getting no where.

William Rentfrow, Principal Consultant
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
C 701-306-6157
O 952-432-0227

relationship between TuringSMI, SMI Technologies, SMI Telco, its subsidiaries
or affiliates and you. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the
TuringSMI Group does not accept any legal responsibility for the contents of
this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.  This
message is intended for the addressee(s) only and its contents and any attached
files are strictly confidential. If you have received it in error, please
contact the sender on the number above.