Hi Listers,

I am stuck with an easiest of the scenarios but just couldn't get it
through.

Here's the case:

There are two forms, A and B. A has two fields, A1 and A2. B has fields
and two Buttons. There's an AL "validate" on Form A which throws an
error message if A2 is NULL on form modify.
Now an event on field A1 launches form B in Dialog mode. User enters the
info in Dialog B and presses save button. On action of button click,
Dialog B's data is pushed and commit is invoked. Then an AL fires on
Form B, does a Push field with text "Help" in A2.
This text in A2 gets to the database but doesn't get displayed on the
field. This causes AL "validate" to throw an error as it finds NULL in
the field A2. When I refresh Form A after the error, the value "Help"
gets displayed in field A2.

How can I get over this situation, where the value is being pushed in
the form and not getting displayed in the field, which qualifies AL
"validate" to throw an error where the value is actually present in the
database.

I cannot change or disable the AL "validate" in the Form A. It has to be
there. When I disable this AL, I can see the value in A2 as soon as the
Dialog B is closed.

How can I get the value in the A2 so that it passes AL "validate"

Regards
Ankur

ARS 7.0.1 patch 5
OS: Solaris 9