I don't think it can be done on the user tool level, but you can join
the table with itself to find it.

For instance, if your table name is called "asset", you could do the
following:

Select a.serial__, a.database_id, b.serial__, b.database_id from asset
a, asset b where a.serial__ = b.serial__ and a.database_id !=
b.database_id

This should join up the two tables, and find all of the entries where
they share an entry with the same serial, but different database ids.

You could potentially run into a problem if you had three duplicates,
but as you remove the first duplicate, you will then identify each new
duplicate with the query.

You might need to tweak the query just a bit, but play with that. I've
used it before to find duplicates and it was very helpful.

And again, if you don't have access to the database to run these
queries, then see my post from yesterday on creating a view form to run
SQL in. It's just a view form, two character fields, a button, and an
active link that does a set fields. The SQL is placed in the first
field, and the set fields active link sets the second field to the
results of the SQL query.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr.