What I had to do to get this to work was create a temporary Integer
field.  I called it tmpSpellCount.   After the spell check finishes, I
do  3 set fields in the active link.

1.  Set field tmpSpellCount   to    LENGTH($Description$)
2   Set tmpSpellCount   to  $tmpSpellCount$ - 2   (for some reason it
only works correctly if I subtract 2 from here)
3   Set Description   to   LEFT($Description$, $tmpSpellCount$)

Hope this helps.

James Hamilton
Business Systems Manager
The NPD Group, Inc.