Have you logged a defect on this problem?

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marty.Thorin
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:55 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: User operations halt while group cache is performed

**
Be careful switching this to zero.  We did this and ran into a memory
problem.  When in this mode and it needs to recache (such as a group
change), it asks for a second copy in memory, does the update, starts
running all new actions in the new workspace.  Meanwhile the old workspace
is kept until all actions are done.  Then the old memory is freed.  Sounds
great, right?  Although the AR System freed the memory, Solaris did not.  We
found ourselves running out of RAM and had to switch modes.
    We do all major changes to production after hours.  These include group
changes (but not group membership), form changes, and a bunch of other
things.  It takes six minutes to recache when our system is idle.
    I understand ARS 7.1 continues to have this issue.

Thorin

  _____