This is good advice, but none of my fields are Date/Time fields, they
are all Date Fields only.

Lisa

________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michelle Lucero
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:30 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Adding days to a Date field in a qualification doesn't work

**
Hi, Lisa:

I have had to deal with a similar conversion.

We have a Self-Service application that pushes entries into our Helpdesk
form.  The field on the Self-Service form is Date/Time.  The field that
this Self-Service date/time field is being pushed into is a DATE field.

So, I did the following:

I set a temp field with the input date, and then do a conversion.

Set Fields 1:  zTmpInteger = $InputDateTime$
Set Fields 2:  zTmpInteger = TRUNC(($zTmpInteger$ / 86400)) + 2440588

The new zTimpInteger is pushed into my Date only field into the Helpdesk
form.

Note:  2440588 is the number of days between Jan 1, 4713 B.C. and Jan 1,
1970.  It will always be the constant and will never change.

Hope this helps,
Michelle

This app is on ARS 6.3, P23....using Mid-Tier 7.0.1 patch 04.

"Kemes, Lisa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>

10/29/2008 12:45 PM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc
Subject
Re: Adding days to a Date field in a qualification doesn't work

Mark,

I'm having the same problems with Date fields for some time now (these
are Date only fields, not Date/Time fields).  I think it DOES have
something to do with the quotation marks.

When I do this:

'mydate' < "6/21/2008"  it works,

But when I do:

'mydate' <  ($DATE$ - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120))

It doesn't work.

I've tried 'mydate' <  ("$DATE$" - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120)) as well.
I've tried 'mydate' <  ($TIMESTAMP$ - (((60 * 60) * 24) * 120)) as well.

I like LJ's suggestion, but the question is, where does the
ztmp_datefield field go if you are doing a escalation?  On every single
record?  (I would like to delete all records that are more than 120 days
old)

<note to self: NEVER use date fields.  ALWAYS use Date/Time fields and
make the display type "Date" if you want a "date" field>

If 'mydate' was a date/time field (whether it be displayed as date or
date/time) this query would work just fine....

Lisa