returns datetime as
begin
   set @numSeconds = @numSeconds + (60 * 60 * -5)
return dateadd(ss, @numSeconds, '01-01-1970 00:00:00')
end

-Matt

Matthew C. Gayford
Application Developer & Remedy Administrator
University of North Carolina Wilmington
(910) 962-7177

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Eli Schilling
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 4:20 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Date Time Question

**
Hey list!

I was wondering if anyone out there is using reporting services or direct SQL
to report out of the ARSYstem database.  If so, how are you dealing with the
date conversion and daylight savings time?

I'm using the following to convert the date time (i'm in the PST time zone)
dateadd(ss, (convert(int, b.T4))+(3600*-8), '01-01-1970 00:00:00')

So during the summer I do (3600*-7) but then for daylight savings I have to go
-8.

Thanks!

Eli

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or otherwise
exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
prohibited from disseminating, distributing, or copying this message or any
attachment. If you have received this message by mistake, please let the sender
know by email reply and immediately delete this message, along with any
attachments, from your system. Thank you.

__Platinum Sponsor: www.rmsportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___