Thanks, Fred,

When I read your letter my first reaction was, "Come now, the User tool doesn't
expand to display all the fields.  I have fields off to the right of the
display on all my forms."

BUT it turns out that a Dialog window DOES expand to include all the fields (at
least in the User tool, but apparently not in Mid-Tier).  I had a display-only,
hidden character field with no label that I couldn't even see in the Admin
tool.  I got rid of it, and now the views display normally.

Thank you too, David, for your suggestion.

Gratefully yours,
Dwayne