-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: December 9, 2008 3:49 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: how to API programming from my windows client

sr,

Uncheck the "Server" install. You only want to select the option to install
the API.

It should work that way unless they changed the installer while I was not
looking.

I do have a windows ARS server installed so I copied the API dir from there
and did not do a "API only" install the last few times I did this kind of
thing.

I would also suggest you could check arswiki.org ... but the web site
appears to be down right now. ( Maybe you can check there later?) I know
there are API downloads for various version of ARS API but I do not know if
it has the "Java package" included in it. I would think it does, but I have
not verified that before.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)