From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of jaimie
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 8:42 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Help with Worklog and Getting entries to work in a view

I have Form A and Form B.    When you click on a button on Form A, it
brings you to Form B.   The forms are connected by 2 fields that have
the same entry numbers.

On Form B there is a button called Worklog.  When you click on this button,
it opens up the worklog of the record that you have open in
Form A.   I created a view of Form A that just has the Worklog field
and the 2 related entry fields.   I did an AL to open the window of
that view in Modify and that works, the worklog will open from the record of
Form A and you can add entries like normal.

The problem is occuring after you save the worklog entry.  For some reason,
it is not pushing that entry immediately back to the normal
Form A view.   I have to go back to Form A and actually refresh the
screen to have the new entry  appear in the worklog.  I did try an open
window action and used a dialogue window, but that wouldn't save an entry
with the timestamp and username.

To make matters even worse, they don't want to use the save button on the
worklog view form, they want me to create a button to save all the
information.  I was thinking that I would have to create a push fields
action for that like I normally do for save buttons, but then I can't get
the entry to save in the worklog like normal if I use a dialogue
window.   It will only save in that view without the timestamp and
username and then will not send the entry back to the normal Form A view.

Any help would be appreciated.