usually the value within max() is a field name, not what I would expect you
have in the $PO Number$ field.  You need to replace $PO Number$ with a field
name that you are wanting the max value of.

  _____

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Muhlethaler, Laurie
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:11 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SQL statement error

**

Listers ~ I am getting the following error during a SQL set fields action:

ARERR [552] Failure during SQL operation to the database : The max function
requires 1 argument(s). (SQL Server 174)

My SQL command is listed below and I can successfully run it from SQL
Server:

SELECT max($PO Number$) + 1 FROM AST_PurchaseOrder

What am I doing wrong here?  Thank you in advance.

Windows Server 2003

SQL Server 2005

7.1.00 Patch 002

AR Server

7.0.03 Patch 006

Service Desk

Asset Management

CMDB - 2.1.00 Patch 002

DSL - 1.0.00 Patch 1516

Laurie Muhlethaler

First Republic Bank

Remedy Developer / Administrator

415.364.4436

 [First Republic Bank logo] <http://logos.firstrepublic.com/FRB.jpg>
  _____

computer. This message cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.

First Republic Bank and its related entities do not take responsibility for,
or accept time-sensitive instructions sent by email including orders, funds
transfer instructions or stop payments on checks. All instructions of this
nature must be handled by direct communication, not email.

We reserve the right to monitor and review the content of all email
communications sent or received. Emails sent to or from this address may be
stored in accordance with regulatory requirements.

First Republic Bank is a Division of Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co., FSB
html___