You can create a "dummy" user with the distribution list as it's email
address.  Then put this user in the group that you want to notify.
But I guess you also want the other people to be in that group as well
so they can access the record as a member of the assignee group, but
then they would get the email - so this solution would not work.

Another option is to add a backend form that holds the group name and
email address you want to use.
Add a hidden field on the form you are working on so you can pull the
email adress over from the hidden form.
When the group is selected as the assignee, you can do a lookup on the
hidden form and bring over the email address.  Then in the
notification filter you would send notifications to that email
address.  Just specify that field name in the notify action.
If you are using Remedy ITSM or other OOTB apps, it becomes more
difficult to change something like this without breaking 100 things.
This solution could work for a custom app though.

James