In order to approve a change you will need to have a fixed or floating
license.  Read licenses only let you submit and modify only the
entries that you have submitted.  I do not think that this applies
here.
>From the documentation:
Within their assigned permissions, users with Read licenses can search
for
requests and display requests. In addition, administrators can
configure the
AR System server to enable users with Read licenses to do the
following tasks:
 Submit requests
 Modify requests that they submitted
The ability to allow those with Read licenses to submit requests
allows you to
reserve write licenses for users who need to modify requests that they
did not
submit.

James